Why Use a Realtor?
When you’re ready to think about buying or selling your property, you need to ask yourself the following questions: Do you have the time, energy, sources of information, and contacts to do the job yourself? If you were one of the ‘do-it-yourself’ people, would the results be as good or better than they would be if you had professional assistance? Would it have gone smoother? Would it have given you more personal time? Would you have purchased for less, or sold for more, if a real estate agent was involved?
|Whether you're buying or selling a home, your MetroTex REALTOR can help make your real estate transaction a successful one. They are with you every step of the way throughout the transaction from start to finish. MetroTex REALTORS help you with all of the daunting and sometimes mind-numbing details, piles of paperwork, and intimidating issues associated with real estate.|
When BUYING a home, a REALTOR:
- Has the most information in one place about what is on the market,including homes listed by other REALTORS. You won't waste time looking at unsuitable homes.
- Helps you determine how much home you can afford, how you can acquire the down payment and what financing options may be open to you.
- Can help you find the home best suited to your needs- size, style, features, location, accessibility to schools, transportation, shopping, etc.
- Can supply information on real estate values, taxes, utility costs, municipal services and facilities.
- Can suggest simple changes that could make a prospective home more suitable for you and improve its utility and value.
- Has no emotional ties to a home, can be objective about it and can point out its advantages and disadvantages.
- Acts as an agent between you and the seller to present offers and counter-offers until an agreement is reached.
- Is bound by a Code of Ethics and pledges to protect and promote the interest of the buyer by providing honest treatment for all parties involved in the transaction.
When SELLING a home, a MetroTex REALTOR:
- Is bound by a Code of Ethics and pledges to protect and promote the interests of the seller by providing honest treatment for all parties involved in the transaction.
- Is knowledgeable of the market and gives you the quickest exposure to the maximum number of buyers.
- Qualifies prospects as to their affordable price range and housing needs.
- Knows current real estate values and can help you set a realistic, competitive price. This skilled professional knows how to merchandise your home effectively.
- Is familiar with the local home-loan market and can help you determine whether seller-assisted financing may expedite your sale.
- Can figure the net proceeds from your sale, taking into account your outstanding loan balance, closing costs and possible owner financing.
- Can tap an even larger market through referrals and marketing techniques.
- Frees you from the problems associated with showing your home. The REALTOR handles phone inquiries, appointments, showings and negotiations of the contract.
- Maintains objectivity in presenting offers and counter-offers.
- Can familiarize you with the closing procedures by explaining them all in advance.