Buying a Property? M-Power Your New Home.
Congratulations on taking the first step to finding Home Sweet Home. The process can often be stressful and overwhelming. If you plan, you’ll find it isn’t such a daunting task.
Here are some things you should know:
What is a buyer’s representative / agent?
The buyer's agent is hired by prospective buyers and works in the buyer's best interest throughout the transaction. They are responsible for finding potential homes that fit a buyer’s criteria, scheduling appointments to view those homes and representing the buyer in negotiations from initial offer to the day a buyer closes on their home.
How is a buyer’s representative / agent paid?
The buyer can pay the agent directly through a negotiated fee, or the buyer's rep may be paid by the seller or through a commission split with the seller’s agent. Find an Agent today.
5 Steps to buying your first home, townhouse or condominium:
- Start with getting your finances and paperwork in order. Review your credit report and take steps to clean it up as needed, gather bank statements, recent check stubs and your most recent tax return.
- You should find a mortgage broker or banker you trust to be prequalified for a home loan. You want to thoroughly understand the financial impact of a mortgage.
- Set a budget of what you can afford, include moving costs, repairs and maintenance.
- Create a prioritized list of amenities you want now and might want in the next 10 years.
- Narrow down your search vicinity to a few neighborhoods, being sure to research crime rates, schools, recreational facilities, restaurants, religious centers and proximity to your favorite places.
Learn more about the Housing Activity Report at MyMetroTex.com